Audio-Technica ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone
The ATM230 hypercardioid instrument microphone brings a compact drum model to Audio-Technica's popular Artist Series line. The mic's proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern keeps the focus on the sound source, directionality that is aided by the mic's low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. All this makes the ATM230 ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments. The ATM230 features rugged metal construction that stands up to the rigors of live and studio applications, and comes with an AT8665 drum mount and a protective pouch.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Handles very high SPL at close range
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response